In light of our Just Say “No” to Option 2 revelation (thanks, Bustache!), I’ve been thinking about the other bad choices I make in my everyday life that might be questionable.
To honor my newly learned lesson and my proclamation that I will not drive Bustache in a rain storm or balance a glass of wine on my white down-comforter, I now publicly proclaim the additional “Option 2’s” I will no longer be guilty of choosing.
1. I will not unplug an electrical device by pulling the cord from a standing position.
I will make the effort to bend over, grab the end, and remove the cord out of the wall in a safe fashion.
2. I will not wear high-heels while climbing a ladder.
I will take my heels off before safely ascending.
3. While I’m at it, I will not substitute the nearest mobile object for a ladder.
I will actually use a ladder when appropriate.
4. I will not play “chicken” with my gas-gauge.
I will fill my gas tank within 5-miles of the gas-light going on. (I know – this one isn’t overly ambitious, but I’m trying to be realistic!)
5. And, finally, I will not microwave my metal travel mug to warm up my coffee “just enough” before it bursts into flames.
Alrighty, that should cover all the “Option 2” choices I made this past weekend. If I think of more, I will let you know!
Join the club! Any “Option 2” decisions you’d like to vow never to do again?